SARRC’s Covid Management Plan for the PREPD Adelaide Marathon Festival event requires all participants to maximise social distancing. This impacts how you will start, how your time will be recorded and how placings will be calculated. Essentially your event will become a time trial where your own precise start and finish times will determine your overall time and all resultant placings. Starters in all events should self-seed based on your estimated finish time. Potential placegetter competitors (1st 3 men & woman in each event) should enter chutes first as these times are based on gun time. For all others, your time is based on nett time which is the time when you cross the start line.
BEFORE RACE DAY
- Check your entry details from Friday 20 August using this online results link
- If you can, please collect your bib from Sportitude on the Friday and Saturday before the race. This will reduce the congestion at bib pickup on race day and allow you to arrive later reducing the time spent in the village prior to your start.
- The bib has an electronic timing tag on the back linked to you and the race you have entered, so you cannot use someone else’s bib.
- Notify officials at bib pick-up if any of your entry information needs changing eg you are changing races.
ON RACE DAY
- Attach the bib at WAIST HEIGHT (NOT chest!) to the OUTSIDE FRONT of whatever you will be wearing. Do not bend or fold the tag or tamper with it.
- Please arrive with only enough time to prepare for your start, so 30 minutes or less beforehand.
- The start and finish lines are at Bonython Park and will be marked by an inflatable arch with 3 chutes extending under it.
- You will enter one of the 3 start chutes from the east, in order according to your expected run time.
- Once in the start chutes, keep single file within the chute and 1.5m distance from the runner in front and run through maintaining 1.5m till you cross the start line.
- Your actual start time will be when you run across the mat.
- Nothing can cover or be lower than your bib eg your hands as you operate a watch, a nutrition belt, clothing or anything else. All of these can be HIGHER than the bib.
- When finishing, keep left on the path and enter the left chute. The right chute is for marathon runners who will use this chute to record their 21.1km split and will keep running straight through to start their second 21.1km lap.
- All finishers will cross the timing mats under the arch and exit the chute south (to the left) onto Bonython Park to collect your medal, water and fruit and into the event village (or home) on Bonython Park.
- You must notify Timing Officials at the finish line:
- if you cut the course short (for example by skipping a lap, or taking a shortcut), as we may inadvertently think you have won the race.
- if you lose your race number bib during the race
- if you pull out of your race before finishing (you can also text 0411 495 635).
- Remember to check your results online. You may have won an age group award which will be awarded as soon as possible after the majority of your event have finished.
AFTER RACE DAY
- After finish line video has been uploaded, re-visit the results page to get a link to your finish moment
- All results will be “Provisional” until 6pm Wednesday 25 August, after which they will be “Final”. Queries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before this time.