SARRC’s Covid Management Plan for the PREPD Adelaide Marathon Festival event requires all participants to maximise social distancing. This impacts how you will start, how your time will be recorded and how placings will be calculated. Essentially your event will become a time trial where your own precise start and finish times will determine your overall time and all resultant placings. Starters in all events will be given a “Trickle” or “Wave” start time (WST) in advance so they can arrive and start with minimal waiting.
BEFORE RACE DAY
- Check your entry details from Friday 18 September using this online results link: https://tinyurl.com/20ADELMF
- The same details will be displayed on boards at Joggers World when you collect your bib
- The bib has an electronic timing tag on the back linked to you and the race you have entered, so you cannot use someone else’s bib
- notify officials at bib pick-up if any of your entry information needs changing eg you are changing races
- note your WST and write it on your bib using a waterproof marker so it stands out. These times represent time of day.
ON RACE DAY
- Attach the bib at WAIST HEIGHT (NOT chest!) to the OUTSIDE FRONT of whatever you will be wearing. Do not bend or fold the tag or tamper with it.
- Please arrive with only enough time to prepare for your start, so 30 minutes or less beforehand
- The start and finish lines are at the same location on War Memorial Drive near the Adelaide Oval entrance, and will be marked by an inflatable arch with 4 chutes extending under it.
- You will enter one of the 3 start chutes from the east, in order according to the WST on your bib. Please help officials by checking bibs around you and letting those with an earlier WST go first.
- Once in the start chutes, stand in the middle to keep 1.5m distance from others, and level with the crowd control barrier joins
- When you reach the front, you will be started three at a time, 10 seconds after the previous wave & 5-10m from the start timing mat. Your actual start time will be when you run across the mat.
- Nothing can cover or be lower than your bib eg your hands as you operate a watch, a nutrition belt, clothing or anything else. All of these can be HIGHER than the bib.
- Your route to the finish will take you past the arch on the south side of War Memorial Drive for a 1.35km loop before entering the finish chute, a fourth chute under the arch on the north side. Marathon runners will also use this chute to record their 21.1km finish, and will keep running straight through to start their second 21.1km
- All finishers will cross the timing mats under the arch and exit the chute north (to the right) to the Adelaide Oval plaza to collect your medal and head back to the event village (or home) behind the chutes
- You must notify Timing Officials at the finish line:
- if you cut the course short (for example by skipping a lap, or taking a shortcut), as we may inadvertently think you have won the race.
- if you lose your race number bib during the race
- if you pull out of your race before finishing (you can also text 0411495635).
- Please leave as soon as possible after finishing
- Remember to check your results online
AFTER RACE DAY
- After finish line video has been uploaded, re-visit the results page to get a link to your finish moment
- All results will be “Provisional” until 6pm Wednesday 23 September, after which they will be “Final”. Queries must be emailed to email@example.com before this time.